Top tips for creating secure passwords
Despite years of security experts encouraging people to change their passwords to more secure options, the same passwords top the most used lists, year on year.
Most Common Passwords 2013 (SplashData’s “Worst Passwords of 2013”)
Top tips for creating a secure password
• Use passwords of eight characters or more – the longer the password the more secure it is likely to be
• Use mixed types of characters including upper case letters, lower case letters, numbers and symbols
• Do not use your name, real name or company name in your password
• Avoid using complete words
• Use acronyms – chose a phrase that is meaningful to you.
• Change your password regularly (every 3 months)
• Avoid using the same username/ password for multiple websites
Black spots on my print-outs – what causes them and how do I prevent them?
There are a number of reasons why your printer or photocopier could produce documents with black dots of smudges on…
How to change the paper thickness settings on your printer or photocopier
Photocopiers and printers are becoming increasingly advanced, and are now able to print on a wide variety of paper types…
Photocopier Hard Drive Security – Are You at Risk?
Today, businesses are all too aware of the importance of protecting data. With the introduction of GDPR in May 2018,…
Black & white documents, are you using black toner or colour toner?
Many employees now have the choice and freedom to print their work from any of the printers and copiers at…
Sharp Electronics Europe Acquires Midshire
Sharp Electronics Europe today announces that is has acquired Midshire Business Systems Limited and Midshire Business Systems (Northern) Ltd, together known…
RISO Duplicators – The Ideal Technology for Graphic Arts Printing
Originally designed to print high-speed documents for busy offices, schools and churches, RISO duplicators have found a new niche market…
Sharp Photocopiers for Smart Works Charity
Leading office technology provider Midshire® has donated a Sharp multifunction printer to women’s employment charity Smart Works Greater Manchester. Smart…