IT Disaster Recovery Plan
Business Continuity Planning (BCP) is the creation of a strategy through the recognition of threats and risks facing a company, with an eye to ensure that personnel and assets are protected and able to function in the event of a disaster.
Business continuity is an essential part of any organisation’s response planning. The Plan sets out how the business will operate following an incident, and it outlines how it expects how it will return to ‘business as usual’ in the fastest time.
A BCP can apply to a multitude of situations including: terrorist incidents, cyber attacks, hardware and software failure or natural disasters such as: fires, floods, earthquakes etc.
Midshire offer many options with regards to assisting your business with your BCP strategy, taking care of technical requirements in order to suit your business and budget.
The plan itself outlines agreed arrangements for brining events under control, the necessary resources for maintaining critical business function and the staff or contractors required for coordination. It needs to be clearly presented and structured so everyone can quickly find and understand what their role is in the BCP.
Midshire supports customers’ business continuity plans through a number of services including:
• Monitored Onsite/Offsite backups
• Monitored Onsite/Offsite server replication to our secure data centre
• IT support
• Antivirus management
• Hardware management
The Business Continuity Plan should:
• Understand the business by identifying the company assets (including members of staff) and processes that are critical for business delivery
• Detail initial response to the incident and long term implementations to get the business back to normal.
• Consider continuity processes to make your organisation more resilient whilst the BCP is being developed
• Provide a framework for how the business will test, review, adjust and update their business continuity plan.